The ever-popular Vango Icarus 500 Tent has been reprised for the 2013 season. This tent was made wider in 2012 and it keeps those larger proportions for this season too.
The Vango Icarus 500 has built its popularity on the back of its fantastically simple 'as-one' easy to pitch system and the simple 3-pole 'no hassle' construction making it an ideal weekend or short break tent.
The Vango Icarus 500 features a 3+2 berth breathable inner tent (with removable divider) and a generous (335x245cm) living area with a fully sewn-in polyethylene groundsheet.
Technical features of the Vango Icarus 500 tent include a Protex 3000 embossed polyester flysheet with 3000mm hydrostatic head waterproof protection, venting panels for AirZone air circulation, Powerflex fibreglass poles, TBS tension band system for extra strengthening in adverse weather and a 10,000mm HH polyethylene sewn-in groundsheet.
Additional features of the tent include:
- 'D' shaped side door with mesh double door
- Step-in sills
- 'U' shaped front door with mesh double door
- Heavy duty continuous poles sleeves
- Storm skirts
- Pelmet with storage pockets
- Cable entry point plus cable retainers
- Front door mesh vent
- Reflective webbing
- Lantern hanging point
- Rain gutters on zips
- Line Lok vivid oange guy lines
- 'Crystal Clear' PVC windows (with internal covers)
- Handled carry bag
- Repair kit
- Guyline retainers
- 12 minutes pitch time
- Flame retardant throughout
- Wind and rain tested