The new Vango Calder 500 is a standard 5-berth tunnel tent but with the added benefit and attraction of having a pre-attached sun canopy at the front of the tent. This canopy will provide protection for your front door in poor weather and will form a pleasant place to sit in the shade on hot days.
The Calder 500 will sleep five people comfortably in a 3+2 bedroom configuration each section of which will have its own entrance door. The breathable inner tent has a divider that can be removed and also features the 'lights out' system which filters out early morning daylight for a more comfortable sleep.
The Vango Calder 500 is very quick to pitch as all of the poles are the same length and so there's no fumbling around making sure the right poles are in the right sleeves. The head height is a uniform 1.95cm thoughout so there's plenty of internal headroom.
The living area is a well proportioned 3.2x2.4m so providing ample living for a small family or group of friends. There are two entrances off the living area - a front and a side door - both of which are large panel doors that can be either rolled up or propped out to form their own sun canopies.
The tent has a fully sewn-in polyethylene groundsheet throughout so keeping out draughts and bugs and the interior also benefits from Vango's TBS (tension band system) - webbing straps that you can deploy to strengthen the tunnel structure in poor weather conditions.
There are optional extras you can purchase for the Calder 500 to enhance your camping experience: a Calder 500 Footprint Groundsheet which fits under the footprint of your tent protecting the sewn-in groundsheet; a 200x280cm Tent Rug to lay over the top of your sewn-in groundsheet providing you with warmth under foot; the Woburn 500 Front Awning, which also fits the Calder 500 and finally the Vango Excel Side Awning (Large) with adds a fully enclosed side vestibule area to your tent.
The full features of the Vango Calder 500 Tent include:
- Flysheet first or all-in-one pitching
- ProTex 70D Polyester Flysheet (3000mm HH)
- PE sewn-in groundsheet (10,000 HH)
- Breathable polyester 'lights out' inner tent
- PowerFlex fibreglass poles
- TBS®II - Tension Band System
- Rain gutters on zips
- Diamond Clear PVC windows with privacy covers
- Inner tent organiser pockets
- Panel doors with eyelets for propping out
- Lantern hanging point
- Vivid orange guylines
- One full mesh secondary door
- Zipped cable entry point with internal cable tidies
- Wind and rain tested
- AirZone ventilation panels at front and rear of tent
- Handled bag for simple packing and carrying