The Vango Appleby 500 is a distinctive new tepee-style tent for those who like a bit of retro in their lives. The real advantage of the Appleby design over most other teepee's is that there is no central upright pole in the middle of the floorspace. Instead, the structure of the Appleby is created by using one large PowerPlus 22mm steel pole to create the large arc of the tent to which are attached two fibreglass poles to form the oval-shaped living space.
The Vango Appleby 500 sleeps up to 5 people but rather than an inner tent, the Appleby comes with an internal space divider which you can hang in a variety of configurations/locations in order to create the sleeping/privacy area that you want. At over 4.5 metres across and 4.5m deep the Appleby 500 offers a large expanse of space for you to arrange all of your camping equipment, furniture and accessories.
The tent features a completely sewn-in groundsheet and so there's no issue with moisture ingress, bugs or drafts. The Vango Appleby 500 features two large front doors both of which have secondary mesh doors to keep out flying pests and aid air circulation. There's also two large side windows with internal privacy covers to bring in plenty of light.
The roof also features mesh ventilation and is covered by a large rain cowl and then protecting and shading the front doors there's an integral canopy which completes the disctinctive look look of the Vango Appleby 500.
The technical features of the Vango Appleby 500 include:
- Flysheet first or all-in-one pitching
- Protex 3000 70D Polyester flysheet (3000mm HH)
- Polyethylene sewn-in groundsheet (10000mm HH)
- PowerFlex fibreglass poles
- PowerPlus 22mm steel poles
- Tied Arch Frame System (TAS)
- Rain gutters on zips
- Large Crystal Clear PVC windows
- Vivid orange guylines for visibility
- Secondary mesh doors on main doors
- Zipped cable entry point plus internal cable tidies
- Flexible space divider to create own internal layout
- Wind and rain tested
- Handled bag for simple packing and carrying