The Outwell Montana 4 returns to the Outwell range in 2014 after a long absence. The Montana 4 is modelled on the best-selling Montana 6 but of course has reduced proportions making it likely to be more popular with smaller families and couples.
The Montana 4 will benefit from all the changes and upgrades that have been carried out on the Montana 6 over the last couple of seasons. This means it will have a more vertical front wall panel which allows for a 'Rain Safe' canopy pole to be added over the front door. This pole not only protects the front entrance to the tent from rain but also adds another pleasing design feature to the tent.
As the name suggests the tent sleeps up to 4 people in a 2+2 bedroom inner arrangement. The beauty of the featured universal inner tent is that one half of it can be folded away or completely removed when not required providing the user with even more living or storage space.
The living area is a very generous 2.7x3.3m providing plenty of space for tables, chairs, and maybe a storage unit or two. Leading off from the living space there are two doorways; the main panel-door front entrance that can rolled-away or propped open to form a sun canopy (porch poles not provided) and a wide side porch entrance with rain-safe pole overhead and extended side walls to provide the entrance with real protection against the elements and lots of options for its use.
The tent features a combination of 19mm and 22mm steel poled frame with an Outtex 4000 75D 100% polyester taffeta flysheet providing 4000mm hydrostatic head of waterproof protection. The groundsheet in the living space is a fully sewn-in double-coated polyethylene groundsheet with 10,000mm HH protection.
The full features of the Outwell Montana 4 Tent include:
- Carry bag for poles and canvas
- Outwell doormat
- Fully sewn-in groundsheet
- Detachable groundsheet in side-porch area
- Internal organizer pockets
- Mesh screen double door
- Zipped inner tent doors with part mesh venting
- Rain safe poles over front door and side door
- Mesh inner pockets
- Adjustable pegging points
- Cable entry point
- Lamp holder with cable tidies
- Pre-attached luminous guy ropes with retainers
- Wave-shaped hanging points
- Heavy duty Outwell zips
- Reinforced patches on all stress points
- Low level lights
- Large windows with bottom up toggled curtains
- Easy Pegging System
- Wind Stabilizer System - tabs connecting flysheet, guyline and pole
- Fire retardant throughout
- Breathable 100% polyester universal inner tent
- Outtex 4000 100% Polyester 75D taffeta flysheet
- 19/22mm Steel Poled frame 9.5mm
- Duratec fibreglass rain-safe pole
- Pitched flysheet first or as one
- 100% Polyethylene sewn-in groundsheet (10,000mm HH)