The Outwell Hornet XL Tent is a new model in the range of Smart Air inflatable tents for the 2014 season. It sleeps up to 6 people in 3 x 2-berth inners. These inners have a zipped divider and so can be opened up into full a 6-berth inner, a 4+2 inner or one section of the inner can be completely removed if not in use.
The inners themselves are made a fully breathable polyester and feature a contemporary striped pattern front plus the new Wave-Shaped hanging system to prevent stress at the attachment points.
Outside the bedrooms there’s a massive 4.0x3.0m living area that provides ample space for all your camping furniture and accessories. There's huge tinted panorama windows either side of the tent each with internal polycotton curtains. Tinted windows reduce the glare from the sun but also increase your privacy levels.
There's a roll-up side entrance door with a no-see-um mesh double door to increase air circulation but keep out insects. There's also additional mesh ventilation over each of the panorama windows.
At the front of the tent is a large roll-to-the-side- 'J' door and beyond that is a partially enclosed vestibule area. This area is 1.25m in depth, has a rain-save pole over head and switch-back wall panels. This area is ideal for establishing your food preparation area.
The tent is made with Outwell’s high grade 150D Outtex 6000 polyester Taffeta with taped seams providing 6000mm hydrostatic head waterproof protection. The tent is erected using Outwell 'One-Go' Inflation Technology - simply plug-in the double action hand pump (supplied) to any of the tube section valves and pump-up to the required pressure. The whole tent will erect itself from this one valve.
Unlike some other inflatable tents, all of the tubes in the Outwell Smart Air range are joined together via the central roof ridge pole. And in the unlikely event of a tube failure, an isolation valve can be used to ensure the whole frame does not collapse.
Additional features of the Outwell Hornet XL Tent include:
- Two-way pump with manometer
- Four connected inflatable tubes
- Side door with mesh double door
- Large tinted windows with polycotton curtains
- Striped inner tents
- Mesh pockets in the inner tents
- Lamp holder and light cable tidies
- Reinforcement patch on all stress points
- Adjustable pegging points
- Heavy duty Outwell zips
- Outwell doormat included
- Floating guyline system
- Easy pegging system
- Guyline retainers
- Carry bag supplied
Technical Features include:
- Outtex 6000 150D Polyester Taffeta Flysheet (6000mm HH)
- 100% Oxford Polyester Sewn-in Groundsheet (10,000mm HH)
- Breathable 100% polyester inners
- Integrated inflatable frame (8.7 to 11.6 psi)
- 9.5/11.0mm fibreglass rain-save front pole
- 2 x 2m upright steel poles to prop open side door