The Outwell Hartford XLP is one of the few remaining large-scale family dome tents on the market. The Outwell Hartford XLP has a huge central living area with three bedrooms radiating from it plus a large panoramic front room which is ideal for setting-up your kitchen or dining area.
The Hartford XLP sleeps up to 8 people in a 3+2+3 bedrooms formation - 3 separate bedroom pods each of which now offer full head height. Each of the bedrooms can be removed if not in use and behind the rear 2-berth bedroom is a secondary doorway that can be used to give you more entrance options.
The bedrooms all lead out into the main, open living space which features a sewn-in groundsheet and provides plenty of space for tables, chairs and storage units.
Through a dividing doorway is the panoramic room which features large windows all the way around each of which has toggle up curtains to regulate the daylight and/or privacy your require. This area has a detachable groundsheet so you can use it for say, bike storage in wet weather.
Finally there’s the main entrance door which is a large panel doorway that can be rolled-up or propped-out depending on weather conditions.
Outwell has updated the Hartford XLP for the 2013 season. Inside, the inner tents now feature Night Sky ceilings to aid a full night’s sleep, the new chic, embossed front wall panels and the wave-shaped hanging points.
Outside, flat pole sleeves have been introduced over the bedroom and porch extensions giving a sleeking appearance and better weather shedding abilities. The Duratec fibreglass poled frame of the tent is external which means that the tent is pitched flysheet first and the cross-over pole design makes the tent very stable whilst remaining easy and quick to erect.
The full features of the Outwell Hartford XLP Tent include:
- Front and rear doorways
- 3 bedroom pods all with head height
- Stowaway, embossed inner tent doors
- Night Sky ceilings on inner tents
- Panoramic front room with detachable groundsheet
- Panorama windows with toggle-up curtains
- Wind stabilizer system – tabs connecting flysheet, pole and guyline
- Skylight windows – allow daylight into the main dome of the tent
- Organiser pockets and mesh pockets in the inners
- Mud valance for the front porch
- Pre-attached luminous guylines with retainer system
- Easy pegging system – the right pegs supplied for the right locations
- Breathable 100% polyester embossed inners
- Duratec fibreglass poles 9.5mm, 11mm and 12.7mm diameter
- Polyethylene groundsheets throughout (10,000mm HH)
- Outtex 4000 75D 100% Polyester taffeta flysheet (4000mm HH)