Outwell’s reputation for innovation and excellence is further enhanced by the Outwell Biscayne 6 Tent – part of the new and exciting Superior Range of hybrid framed tents.
The Superior Range tents are called hybrid because they use a combination of steel upright/roof poles which are then connected with interlinking Duratec fibreglass ‘eyebrow’ poles to create not only a strong, stable frame but also one that is freestanding and can actually be moved into your ideal position before pegging out.
The Outwell Biscayne 6 also features another Outwell innovation; within each eyebrow pole section of the tent you can attach an optional ‘pod’ unit to create additional kitchen, sleeping, storage or side entrance areas giving even greater flexibility to your living space.
The Biscayne 6 tent itself is a large tunnel tent that sleeps up to 6 people. The bedrooms are arranged in a 3+3 formation but this layout can be altered by unzipping dividing curtain or unzipping and removing one half of the inner tent. The bedroom inner tent is hung using the new Wave-Shaped hanging points that help minimise tension. The front of the inners features a chic, new embossed finish and the inner tent ceilings feature the Night Sky system that darken the inners and help extend your sleeping hours.
Outside the bedrooms there is a large living area measuring 2.8x4.0m which has a sewn-in groundsheet, two-offset side entrances and two large panorama tinted windows. Moving forwards from the living area you pass through a large dividing door to reach the front porch area. This is an open porch with side walls and a roof overhang and is odideal for establishing your kitchen or just for a sunny place to sit and relax.
The Outwell Biscayne 6 also benefits from another major development – within each eyebrow pole section of the tent you can attach an optional side ‘pod’ to create additional space. There are four types of 'pod' each designed to meet a specific need you may have; there's a Cuisine Pod to establish a food preparation area; a Storage Pod to create extra storage; a Side Pod which creates an additional covered entrance/porch area and a Sleeping Pod which comes with a two-berth inner tent so you can house extra family members. These pods zip into place and so create a secure, watertight connection with the main tent.
The Outwell Biscayne 6 is made using Outwell’s highest grade Polyester fabric which is the logo-embossed Outtex 6000 in Estate Blue that offers an incredible 6000mm hydrostatic head. All of the windows are tinted to reduce sun glare and increase privacy and each has an internal zip-up curtain so you can control daylight and privacy levels. Other recent Outwell innovations such as the Outwell Wind Stabilizer system and the Easy Pegging System – enhancing stability and easing pitching, respectively – have also been used in the design of this luxury tent.
Full features of the Outwell Biscayne 6 Tent include:
- Sewn-in groundsheet to bedrooms and living room
- Hybrid Frame System creating a free standing frame
- Embossed blue flysheet fabric
- Good ventilation aided by windows top vents
- Large tinted panorama windows with zip-up curtains
- Specific pods can be added
- Wave-shaped inner tent attachment points
- Pre-attached embossed inner tents with Night Sky ceilings
- Organiser pockets
- Mesh pockets in the inner tents
- Lamp holder and light cable tidies
- Reinforcement patch on all stress points
- Adjustable pegging points
- Pre-attached luminous guylines
- Heavy duty Outwell zips
- Outwell doormat included
- Repair kit included
- Wheeled trolley bag included
Technical Features include:
- Outtex 6000 75D 100% Polyester
- Flysheet (6000mm HH)
- Double-coated 100% Polyethylene groundsheet (10000mm HH)
- Breathable 100% Polyester embossed inner tents
- 19/22mm Steel Poles Duratec Fibreglass poles
- 8.5mm dia. 2 steel upright poles for front door