The Outwell Bear Lake 4 Tent received a makeover for the 2013 season including a new panoramic front, flat weather shedding pole sleeves, anti-glare tinted windows and an extended zip-on canopy. This popular member of Outwell Classic Range of polycotton tents will continue unchanged into 2014.
The Bear Lake 4 Tent sleeps 4 people (in a 2+2 configuration) and offers great living space and stand up height throughout. The breathable 100% polyester pongee bedroom inner features a new striped finish that adds some style to your bedroom. It also features the new ‘wave’ hanging points which reduce stress and ‘pulls’ when hanging the inner. Plus there’s a low light window within the inner so you can check the weather outside within leaving the comfort of your sleeping bag.
The inner tent also features Outwell’s universal system which means that it can be opened out into a full 4-berth inner or, you can completely remove one half of the inner and stow it away if not being used. The inner also has multiple stow pockets to place you extra bits and pieces in when asleep.
The living area measures an impressive 3.2x2.6m and can be entered via no less than 3 doorways – a large front panel door and two side ‘U’ doors all of which have mesh screen double doors. The side doors also feature their own windows and there are further windows in each panel of the tent (all with internal privacy covers) to ensure that light floods into the tent. The windows are now tinted which means that sun glare is reduced and provides you with that extra little touch of privacy.
Outside, the Outwell Bear Lake 4 is finished off with a large zip-off front sun canopy that provides extra protection to the front entrance in poor weather and a pleasant al-fresco relaxation area in fine weather.
The Bear Lake 4 features a new, colour co-ordinated zip-in heavy duty PVC coated polyester groundsheet throughout providing 10,000mm HH protection. The flysheet is Outwell's own Outtex Airtech Polycotton - a rich blend of 65% cotton and 35% polyester that provides a luxurious feel to the tent as well as providing practical advantages such as a cooler internal climate and enhanced breathability. While polycotton is heavier than polyester, the increased weight has been offset by the use of 22mm aluminium alloy poles throughout.
The full features of the Outwell Bear Lake 4 Tent include:
- New Oil Green colourway
- New wave shaped hanging points on inner tents
- New 100% pongee breathable striped polyester inner tents
- New flat, weather shedding pole sleeves
- New colour-coded PVC zip-out groundsheet
- New large tinted windows with polycotton curtains
- New wind stabilizer system – connecting flysheet, pole and guy line
- New front door to groundsheet zip
- New Outwell easy pegging system
- New 2 x drying rails
- New large extended sun canopy
- Two side doors with mesh double doors
- Organiser pockets
- Mesh inner tent pockets
- Central lamp holder and mains cable tidies
- Heavy duty Outwell zips
- Adjustable pegging points
- Reinforced patches on pegging points
- Outwell doormat included
- Guy line tidies
- Pole and Flysheet carry bags supplied
- Pitched flysheet first or as one
- Outtex Airtech (65% cotton/35% Polyester) flysheet
- Tarpaulin PVC coated 100% Polyester groundsheet (10,000mm HH)
- Alloy Poles #6063 22mm dia.
- Two upright steel porch poles