Kampa herald the Filey 5 and Filey 6 as 'the ultimate AirFrame tents' and both certainly contain masses of excellent features and top quality materials. The Kampa Filey 5 featured here sleeps 5 people in a single 2+2+1 inner with removable divider curtains.
Stepping out from the bedroom area is the main living space. This large 220x400cm area features a fully sewn-in groundsheet. There's a covered entrance door on the right hand side of the tent and an additional roll-up door on the left hand side of the tent.
Moving from the main living area - through the dividing doorway - you step into the front canopy/porch area - a completely enclosed space that features a large roll-to-the-side front door and massive panoramic windows. This area is ideal for 'wet gear' storage, bikes, a kitchen area or just an area to sit and watch the World go by. The detachable bathtub groundsheet in this area can be removed and washed for convenience.
Kampa's new inflatable tents means there's no more traditional steel poles but instead an inflatable 'AirFrame' that is pre-attached to the awning and so there is now awkward or time-consuming assembly. The 'AirPoles' that create the frame are also inter-connected so that you can pump the entire frame up using just one valve.
Conversely if something happens to damage one of the 'AirPoles' it can be isolated from neighbouring poles using the in-built isolation valve therefore ensuring continued use of the tent while a repair or replacement is arranged.
You simply use a double-action hand pump (supplied) to inflate the AirFrame and it will be fully inflated in 60 seconds. There's also no need to worry about over inflating these AirPoles as they are high pressure and the pump will simply cease to work when they are full. You will be amazed how rigid the AirFrame is when fully inflated.
The Kampa Filey 5 AirFrame Tent Package comes complete with tent, a 100% polyethylene footprint ground that goes under your sewn-in groundsheet plus a soft polyester tent carpet that fits perfectly into your living area and provides an extra layer of insulation and warmth under foot.
The Kampa Filey 5 AirFrame Tent features:
- Weathershield 150D heavy duty flysheet (5,000 mm HH)
- Sealed sewn-in groundsheet (10,000 mm HH)
- AirFrame - inflatable, interconnected AirPoles
- Fibreglass poles over side door canopy
- Inner tent remains in-situ for set up and take down
- One side door with wet weather protection
- Organiser pockets in front of and inside inner tents
- Lamp hanging point with cable tidy system
- Cable entry point
- Complete with manual pump with pressure gauge
- Aluminium pole on side canopy for extension
- Roll to side front and intermediate doors
- Roof lining
- Daylight panel - for white light
- Complete with footprint ground and tent carpet